Tutorial: Using the Emotiv headset with Processing and the Arduino

You guys might remember the Mind Controlled Crane I developed. I've also put together a brief tutorial with source code.

There are three parts to this project: the Emotiv software, the arduino software, and the processing software. The arduino code I used is found here on letsmakerobots. I used processing to then act as an interface between the arduino and the emotiv headset. My processing code can be found here. I believe there are still some bugs in my processing code, but you're more than welcome to use it. The EmoKey mapping that I used for the Emotiv Epoc can be downloaded here. Since I used the free Emotiv SDK, my EmoKey mapping is really busy with key commands being sent to processing, and my processing code is messy and lacks comments.

I will update this tutorial once I have more time to sit and write a detailed explanation. For the time being, feel free to download my code. I will also try to answer any questions as soon as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Can you make a dettailed explanation of how connect Arduino with Epoc, I mean physically how ypu make the collegament or what programm are you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. What version of the Emotiv SDK do you have? Because that will determine how you connect the Arduino with the Emotiv headset. I used the light SDK, which did not allow me to use their API. So I had to improvise with the emokey.

    ReplyDelete